Friday 15 May 2009

Health?! - I'd rather be driving...

Actually it turns out there is a pedometre on my phone which has been quite useful in measuring how healthy I am. Turns out: not very.

Neither the ninjas, the bank job nor the komodo dragons have materialised either but I live in hope.

Other than that I have decided not to go to South Africa (just in case anyone was wondering) and the Lord has started talking to me over the past couple of weeks abotu various things. That's been quite nice.

And then I wondered: maybe it's not that he's talking more, maybe it's that I'm listening more? And then I thought: but really, I haven't been listening more. So how does that work?! The message paraphrase of the bible notes the sermon on the mount as saying something like: you're blessed (put right) when you're at the end of your rope - because then there's more room for God to move. I suspect you could paraphrase it more in that the Lord might sometimes be saying: get out of the way and let me do it.

I occasionally have to look after or train young people to do things - it's always a slow and painful process. Often I want to just be like: get out of the way and let me do it. Normally I wouldn't - but sometimes it's the right thing to do. I suspect that God knows when it's the right thing to do. And after all - he is a little more skilled than I am.

All in all, having God's spirit within me saying: "get out of the way old life and let me do it" might turn out to be a good thing. After all. The world could use another does of the heavenly life.

No comments: